Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Happy


Last Sunday was High Council Sunday. Our High Council speaker spoke on keeping the Sabbath Day holy. It was a good talk and I got some good ideas on how to simplify Sunday meals and other things to do on the Sabbath that are appropriate, but maybe no one really thinks about. In fact, he gave me the article from LDS Living (10 Ways to Reinvent Your Sabbath) he referenced in his talk. One of the suggestions is updating the family blog.
All the kids looked at me when he said that. Gee, I wonder why?! By now it's rather obvious that I'm not the "bake cookies and do crafts all day long with the kids and blog about it every night" kind of mom. Well, I've decided that Sunday afternoon/evening really would be a good time to update everyone on the doings of the kingdom, so......
This month, I've cut way back on my busyness and am thoroughly loving it. I'm taking time for me (and Hope) by walking every weekday. We go to the post office and then take a couple of laps around the park. We have a beautiful 60 acre park with playground equipment, a swimming pool, RV hook ups, baseball diamonds and places to BBQ. They even have horseshoe pits and parking lots. I've really enjoyed being outside (yeah, I know, amazing!) and I'm sleeping better while trying to lose that Holiday 5 pounds. When the weather gets nasty again, I'll have to Tae-Bo on the internet or something.
I'm also starting to organize hot spots in my house. I've done my MaryKay cupboard, my bedroom closet, my sewing desk, my computer desk, and some shelves in the kitchen.
I've also started to grow sprouts for us to eat. It's surprising to have to compete with the kids for them! I have a system set up so that one tray is ready every 2 days. I don't start seeds on Sunday's. I knew that we would need some sort of fresh veggies if we ever need to live on our food storage. I figured a garden for summer and sprouts for winter. It's best to know what you're doing and make sure your family will eat them before they are the only fresh stuff you get.
No regular job for me yet and Northrop is still working part time. Even though things are tough financially, I am happy. My faith in our Father in Heaven has grown and I know things will work out. We do what we can for ourselves, pay our tithing, and let the Lord do the rest. And He does. Worrying about it only makes me miserable and focus on the wrong things. I focus on our blessings and how grateful I am. I'm happier now than I've been in a long time.

No comments: