Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quiet Thanksgiving, Sort Of

Thanksgiving at our house is simple. We have turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, broccoli, and apple and pumpkin pie. That's it. I used to make more things to eat, but I've decided that simple is better. Less work for me. More focus on giving thanks for everyone.
This year we had visitors. We were watching our friends' children for 4 days while they took a trip. They are moving and needed to drop off a vehicle and look at a house. Our house had more noise and mess than usual, but also more happiness and love. :)
We all made a list of 5 things we were thankful for and read them while we ate dinner. The usual things made the lists like family, friends, Jesus, and Heavenly Father. Some unusual things popped up too like shoes, Derek (Celestial's boyfriend), clothes. I must say, I'm thankful for clothes too. It just wouldn't do to NOT have clothes!!
My list included the sealing power. I'm so grateful for the power to seal our families for time and all eternity. It gives me great comfort to know we can be a family forever.

No comments: