
Last week, Friday night was a marathon. All three youngest girls had some sort of food poisoning and took turns throwing up all night and into the morning as well with one of them. As soon as one started, another did too, and then the littlest one got into the action at about 1:3oam. I wasn't expecting her to be sick too, so she didn't go to bed with a bowl. The others were practiced at using a bowl by then, but little Hope got her blankets all dirty and Angel stayed up until 3am to help get the bed cleaned up between cleaning out 3 bowls one after another. Yes, it did take that long. As soon as one bowl got cleaned out, another was being used. I only layed down for a total of 2-2 1/2 hours all night and not all at once either.
In the morning, at about 6:45am, I asked Celestial to take Christian to his wrestling meet and help with the breakfast and concession stand there. I was supposed to go and help make food, but I didn't think I could function any longer and needed sleep. Thankfully, she was willing to fill in for me, and I slept a good 4 hours. Harmony took over when the girls woke up and again when I took a nap between 3 and 5pm that afternoon. By then, Hope was eating fruit and bread, Serenity was too, and Faith was on herbal tea every 15 minutes, but getting steadily better. By Sunday, everyone was back to normal. I was still tired, but all caught up by Monday.
Wow! What a night! Thankfully, I had good help and this kind of thing is rare!
1 comment:
Oh NO!! Poor little girls! (and poor Mommy) Thank gooness for such sweet big sisters to help out, esp. Angel for helping in the middle of the night. She could have gone and slept on the couch.
Post a Comment