Monday, July 27, 2009

Pioneer Day Celebration


This is the first branch social that I am in charge of. I'm so pleased with how it went! The branch bought hamburgers and hot dogs (and forks, cups, plates, ketsup, etc.) and we had a sign up sheet for side dishes, salads, and desserts. There was plenty of yummy food. I always bring my own dessert to make sure I can have some.
We played stick pull, leg wrestling, and water balloon toss and water balloon fight. I also had a box of toys for the children. Things like bubbles and glow bracelets, mini airplane launchers, disc shooters, marbles, jacks. I also had a frisbee that they played with before everything got started.
My friend, Shannon Nash, challenged me to stick pull and I pulled a muscle in my rib cage. It's not bad, not even a bruise. I'm rubbing Christopher's Complete Tissue and Bone Ointment on it several times a day. It's already not as sore as the first day. I can bend over and pick something off the floor a little easier (still not pulling weeds though).
Everyone had a great time! Now, on to the next one! In October, when the weather is cooler, I'm hoping to fly hot air balloons made out of crepe paper. Not sure yet what to do for August. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Hanaike House said...

Sounds like a great activity; your branch is lucky that you have so much enthusiasm about the job.