Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Party's Over!


Okay, so I made it through the graduation of my first born, but not without a myriad of mixed emotions. The dichotomy of wanting to be a grown up and write your own schedule versus not being exactly ready to take on adult responsibility is trying all of our patience. On the other hand, I'm very proud of North for finishing what he started and doing what he had to do to earn that diploma. The talks and ceremony were great, not too long, not too short. A slide show of the graduates, including baby pictures, was very entertaining. I must say that Northrop and I both shed a few tears as he walked by during the procession.

Since I gave no thought to food between the graduation festivities and our own bbq, we went to the Malin Country Diner for lunch. It was very nice to just eat and enjoy the company before the busyness of bbq prep was on!

Grandma Norma and Uncle George came up to help us celebrate. It was so good to see them both, especially George. We also had a wonderful surprise. Brandon, and his friend Adam, called as they were en route to our house to come to the graduation. We were pleased as punch that he would come support his brother and the family.

We also had an array of good friends and family members locally who attended one or both of the events. Carrie and Nick Macken came to the bbq, which was a special treat. There were almost too many people for our modest home, but all were fed well. It was a marvelous time. Thank you to all who attended and wished North well in his next stage of life.

A special thanks goes to Rosiland Larsen, a neighbor and member of our branch, who hosted Grandma Norma and Uncle George in her own home. She was very gracious and I appreciate her very much.

So now it's on to the next mountain. Charity graduates next year and will be going to college, then Celestial after that.... It's a good thing I have so many kids. Maybe I will get used to it after a while (or at least have the others for 16 more years!).


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow, congrats! I can't believe how fast time flies. Didn't you guys just get married?? just kidding. You guys have such a beautiful family. I wish I had a bigger house and that we could have visited more, but I'm so glad you guys came by for a while when you were here!
Hope you don't mind, I linked you on my blog so I can keep up with all your adventures. I always say my aunts are the big sisters I never had. You are all such great examples to me!
(And I'll never forget how much I looked forward to your visits because you would french braid my hair for me).