
Yesterday, Charity took me to Ashland to the Shakespearean Theater to see a play. She wanted to do something special for my birthday, which is in June, and since she has a job, she suggested a real play. We left after breakfast and drove to Ashland. We picked up our tickets at the box office, then went to the gift shop to look around. They have books, costumes, all kinds of fun stuff.
We had lunch at a little restaurant called, "Brothers". She ordered breakfast and I had a salad. It was very pleasant to relax and not be hurried or harried. I very much enjoyed not counting heads every two minutes, breaking up fights, calming little emotions (that are pretty big), keeping everyone together, etc, etc.
After lunch, we went to another little shop that had clothes, figurines, some jewelry. Charity bought a new mood ring to replace the one that was wearing out. They had an extensive collection of Obama supporter buttons. I've never actually seen Obama supporter buttons before. It was quite interesting.
Next, we went to the theater. It was one of 3 theaters where Shakespeare's plays are shown. It was tiny! I had expected it to be large. It was perfect, however, because there weren't any bad seats in the house. We saw "The Servant of Two Masters". It was hysterically funny. Of course, since these are actors in Ashland, there were a few scenes that weren't appropriate. It was disappointing, especially because there were children in the audience (you'd think they'd use a little discretion when it comes to children!). I don't think Shakespeare wrote those parts in his original play.
After the play, we went to a grocery store and bought a few snacks for the ride home. We were going to pick blackberries, but they weren't on yet, still blossoming. On the way home, I stopped at a friend's and picked up some comfrey starts. Charity's friend called and invited her to the movies, so I turned around and took her to a store parking lot where North and two friend, Bronc and Toni, were waiting for her. Then, I went home.
I found everything as it should be when I got home. Northrop did a good job with the kids, house, and garden while I was away. It was such a relief to come home and not have considerable consequences for being gone so long, as is often the case when we go out on dates. Good job and thank you so much, Northrop!!! I love you!!!
2 comments:
Happy be-lated birthday Sheryl! What a great way to celebrate. One-on-one time with the kids is priceless.
Wow Charity! What a wonderful gift for your Mom! So glad you had such a great time.
Post a Comment