Northrop and I went to the temple yesterday with the Branch Presidency and their wives. It's always such a pleasure to spend time with the Nash's and the Wood's. They're the kind of people you want to have as neighbors and best friends.
Being in the temple is like going to heaven on a temporary basis. It's so peaceful, clean, quiet, full of hope and promise. Even when we are troubled, it's a special treat to go to the temple and participate in saving ordinances and feel the Spirit so strongly.
Northrop just read a book by a woman who was raised in the FLDS "church", and then escaped with her children. I didn't read it, he said the details would bother me too much, but he did tell me some of the things she went through and how they treat women and children in their culture (sounds like an arabic country!). I feel so very blessed to be a member of the true church that is lead by an actual prophet and has the real priesthood. Women and children are valued and cherished. Our temples are sacred places where good and healthy things happen and are taught. The scripture that says, "By their fruits shall ye know them" comes to mind in a powerful way.
1 comment:
Thank you for your testimony. We are so blessed to have an understanding of what it means to be like our Heavenly Father.
Remember when we learned about the Greek gods in school? I've always been glad that perfection was a prerequisite to godhood!
Post a Comment